View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017

Puffing can be cause by a variety of user based mistakes or general age, its usually the former which is why most sellers and model shops detest dealing with problems with them.

I've some team orion 5000 saddles i got with a buggy i got second hand, they have clearly been through the wars and have gotten so puffy that they have broken the hard case plastic (nothing that a bit of glue in a vice didn't fix) and they are perfectly healthy in every other perspective.

For cheap bashing or practice lipo's i've some cheap zippy 5400 stick packs i got about 5 years ago for £20, they've been in everything from crawlers to boats to touring cars, never balanced, left out in the snow overnight and frozen solid and generally abused and only now are starting to show signs of death - but still perfectly usable if not loosing a bit of performance.

Racing batteries i can't fault the turnigy nanotech ultimate's, £34ish from hobbyking, i've several that are used in a 10.5t 22 and 10.5t 22-4 and at our local track you would hard pushed to notice a difference to any car with a £90+ orion or lrp pack.