View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013

Hi guys
Thanks for your feedback.
I adjusted the diff twice since my first request for help each time it seemed to last longer before it started to slip but after the second time, when it started to slip the diff felt odd as i rotated the wheels it felt loose then tight so i suspect a ball bearing or two has cracked.

metalmickey0: when i stripped the diff to check the state of the bearings i reasembled so that the adjuster bolt is on the same side as the slipper nut i put it this way as i was fed up having to remove both wheels when i was trying to set it up before. is this the opposite way to yours?

Robbiejuk thanks for the links and guild. i did read on this site that geared diffs are not as good as ball diff i think this was mainly due to adjusterbility.

Why do you think the diff kept comming loose, was it the tension bolt working loose or some thing with in the diff its self.
i guess the reason why the ball's would have broken ( need to confirm) is becasue the diff was done up to tight.

i have been reading a lot about how good the B-fast diff set is so i will confirm which set is for the mad rat, if it all works out at lest i'll get some peace from my son.