View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
It was only a flat grass track, not that much setting up needed.

With venues like that, it could be that racers are reccomended to charge packs up the night before, so that racing can get underway earlier. Then when 9/10 oclock comes round people can start their gennys without disturbing the locals.

Just a sudgestion?
It's a fair suggestion, but as one of the main organisers of the WBMCC regional yesterday I can tell you that setting "only a flat grass track" up in the pouring rain took us more than 2 hours, excluding transferring all the equipment from our usual venue & back again. We did not get home until gone 1pmyesterday, very soggy and very disappointed that the weather had forced us to abandon the event.

I'm not sure I would have wanted to get up any earlier than 5.30am to do that, and even if we had I'm not sure we'd have had all the help from our club members that braved the weather yesterday.

I'm not wanting to be funny here, but just think about what you're saying; we put a LOT of effort in for that event, including finding a new venue at short notice and were extremely disappointed how it turned out.

Hopefully the remaining rounds will be sunny & dry.

Cheers,
Paul.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST