View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
What's it like running the 13.5t blinky Neal? Is it good fun and do you have a few of you running them?

I have just bought a 17.5t to try out for a bit of fun!
Yeah I was really good fun actually. We had a heat of 6 who would normally be quite close running modified, so it it was just good close fun racing, easier on tyres and still competitive. We also had a lower heat of 6 drivers running 13.5.
I do think a lot of club racers who start out with the fastest motor the can buy would all be doing themselves a favour running 13.5T stock until they need to progress. I found it so much more easier to drive, you can actually think about racing lines and being precise on the track, and just getting faster due to not needing to be marshalled.
Next indoor season at Batley Buggy Club we'll be promoting the 13.5T to beginners and those wanting a less crazy pace of racing.

York club have a good competitive 17.5 class which has proven successful for their beginner racers.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------