View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I havent read all of the posts in this thread, but just to make a point about Paypal Gift.

I appreciate why there may be an argument to have it banned, but before you do, please appreciate that you as a seller could be fleeced the other way around. I will give you a quick example.

I listed a SP GT 2.0 speed controller for sale on here. Perfect unmarked condition full working order with proprogramming card. £150 new inc the pro card, i was selling it for £70 posted recorded. A new member on here unbeknown to me with a two post count offered me £60 posted. I said £65 posted provided its a gift payment. So, he paid £65 not as a gift. By the time i have paid for recorded postage and had the albeit minor fee of £2.50 removed by Paypal i end up with less than £60. I sent his money back to him in full the same evening requesting gift payment. As yet he hasnt logged back on here.

OK, the Paypal fee itself is not a big deal. What potentially wouldnt be such a minor concern is if he decided he wanted it for free, or wired it up incorrectly and blew it up. All he has to do is open up a dispute within the time period and i lose all of my money and the speedo.

To me, a gift payment is no different to a cash sale. Sellers should ALWAYS send recorded, they have a responsibility to do so to protect their reputation on here. I only think that new sellers without any feedback should be banned from using gift but as im aware that rule already stands.

Speedos in particular arent idiot proof and you really dont know who you are selling to on here.

Just something to be wary of.

See My Feedback