View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
I havent read all of the posts in this thread, but just to make a point about Paypal Gift.

I appreciate why there may be an argument to have it banned, but before you do, please appreciate that you as a seller could be fleeced the other way around.

To me, a gift payment is no different to a cash sale. Sellers should ALWAYS send recorded, they have a responsibility to do so to protect their reputation on here. I only think that new sellers without any feedback should be banned from using gift but as im aware that rule already stands.

Speedos in particular arent idiot proof and you really dont know who you are selling to on here.

Just something to be wary of.
100% agree with Rich, gift payment offers a 'scam' protection for sellers in the sense it makes it very hard for a fraudulent buyer to get the funds back when goods have been sent... i wouldn't accept any other method other than this, cash or postal orders if there is the tiniest risk of it going wrong, anyone that does is playing with fire.

As for being put off by submitting personal details to oOple for verification... the details needed wouldn't be any different to those we submit to enter race events or give to BRCA, so if you have entered oOple Invernational meetings or oOoos meetings then assume Jimmy and crew already have your data... mwahaha!

So validating this data wouldn't be any more intrusive than the info you willingly give out already to random people in hobby, just something to back it up... pretty sure oOple doesn't need your pin number or online banking details and passwords!