View Single Post
Old 26-05-2010

That's 2 suspension towers broke now

I ran the LRP and an Ansmann Master Smacker at my club on Sunday...the Ansmann is far better all around. It was driven by two kids (12 and 7) who have never tried RC before and they drove the poor thing hard, Not a scratch...damn tough car is that Master Smacker. It was being driven for almost 4 hours non stop...

I drove the LRP blast and was not driving too hard so to keep the kids racing and only got maybe 1 and a half batteries driving in before the tower snapped again.

The Ansmann is £30 cheaper then the Blast and by my reckoning a far better car. Sure it does not have big bore shocks or anti-roll bars...but it's smooth to drive, handles very well and so far has proven to be hard as nails.

LRP needs to look at cars of this range, like the Ansmann's and make some changes. At £140 RTR the blast is cheap yes but with all the upgrades I would need to even bring it to a Smackers level of quality it's probably working out to be about £160 just for the car, that's heading to Kyosho and even B44 territory...and so far it's just not even close to that good.

Needs lots of work this one...

J

ANVIL-GFX