View Single Post
Old 13-01-2020

Default General electronics questions.

Hi all,

I am looking to get started but on a budget, and was wondering if anyone can answer some general electronics questions.

I’m. Not planning on winning anything and maybe going to a local club.

When I did touring cars some 9 years ago, I had an esc and motor combo from China under the brand EZRun. It didn’t cause me any issues, was reliable etc - but not sure if I was just lucky at the time. Has anyone had dealings with the offerings on eBay these days / if they are subject to new rules with clubs / BRCA? Ideally I’m looking for a rtr setup but just in case - best to ask.

The next question is about transponders. Unlike 9 years ago, there seems to be much more of these and I am unsure if all work the same way or if you need to match it with what the club runs? Again, presumable BCRA have some kind of standard? Does the cheaper eBay options meet those requirements?

Final question - gyros. Can’t remember seeing these 9 years ago - are they allowed? Any point to them?

As said, not looking to be competitive, I’m not a brand snob and just looking for something I can take part with and not be out of pocket too much if I end up leaving it behind again.