View Single Post
Old 13-01-2020

Are you doing touring car again, or off road?

EZrun is made by Hobbywing, still going and a very respected manufacturer.

I'd avoid any combos on ebay and if you're on a budget buy decent brands 2nd hand - plenty of bargains on here and the Facebook groups.

Rules depend on club, class and if you are planning on doing regionals / nationals. For example, I race off road and my local club allows any 540 size motor, any esc, brushed and brushless, sensored and sensorless, and any battery as long as it's 2S and hardcase. We also allow any choice of tyresm so really relaxed rules wise. At the opposite end a local TC club has motor wind limits, blinky ESC and foam tyres for GT12, rubber for TC.

Go to a big sanctioned BRCA event and all electrics need to be on the approved list.

Transponders - Also depends on where you will be racing, a lot of clubs use older RC3 decoders, a lot use the newer RC4 decoders. In general an RC4 PTX is backwards compatible with RC3 unless it's a 3 wire Purcy which will only work on RC4. MRT make clones, newer ones work on both RC3 and 4 but the majority of older ones only work on RC3.

Best bet is pop along to where you will be racing and have a chat there, see what their rules allow.