View Single Post
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiboom85 View Post
Well said,, can I just make it clear that Paul Crompton striped 2 idler gears,,,,, he did not have a exploding diff😂😂 as it's put
While I value your clarification on the gearbox issues, I don't agree with "well said". TBH Bent's reply put me more off than an "exploding" diff could have done. I don't know if Bent and Neal have history or not, but as a rare guest in the xray forums I must admit I am a little shocked.

IMHO a new car due to a new gearbox does make sense indeed. While nobody has to buy the full kit if he or she already has the '16 version, it would be annoying for a new customer having to buy the old version and the new parts to get to bring it to the current level and thus spend more than necessary.
Further to the issues not experienced by the team: In my experience, average drivers often suffer damage where pro drivers don't. I've seen plenty Durangos and TeamCs fail in the hands of mere mortals while the likes of Jörn Neumann have finished their meeting on the very same track and day without any problems. As I am not that skilled, I tend to bulletproof most of my kits with titanium turnbuckles, aluminium parts and the like. Any (valid) failure reports on forums are valuable when it comes to choosing a new kit.