View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I made the A Final at Stotfold with my Sv2 but I admit I tried my k1 without any driveshafts in the final round of qualifying. Not because I wanted to - as many of you who know me know I am dead against 4wd in the 2wd class - but because my main competitors were trying it so I had to in case it was quicker. I hated it. Car felt just wrong to drive so I went back to my sv2 and was more than competitive in the finals (I did most of the second leg in the middle of 3 converted 4wds).

It's a difficult one for sure. On the one hand you could take the view that it could help promote our sport (one car etc) and increase entries, but on the other it is against the 'spirit' of having 2 separate classes.

For me there should always be 2 classes, and I agree with some of the comments above about how to word the rules to make this separation would be difficult. However, in my opinion a well setup 2wd will still be a better match than any converted car.

Time will tell what happens I guess, but I'm in the 2wd only camp.

Si