View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Detail

Exactly Alan,

Detail is the main part of this. I have started the body and I have to say I have been putting the decals on now for almost 2 days and just have the passenger side to complete.

That will be the main part, then its down to my personal details and what I will adding.

If anyone is thinking of doing one of these here are some tips for you to gain a better finish. I must say I have painted many bodies from 1989 To today. All I had to do on this is 1 line each side the rear wings where is goes from the blue rear to white stripe. Then a decal matches and over laps to get a crisp line. So you don't need to be perfect as the decal makes the line as it will over lap the blue.

Well that's wrong, you need to be perfect as the blue comes through the white of the decal, not good. So you need to be bang on which is near impossible to do. So here is the tip.

I used white electrical tape under the white of the decal. This blocks the blue out to leave a perfect white join. Otherwise the blue shows through the white.

Rear Light decals. I was going to paint the lights in a clear orange and clear red but could only find plastic paint, then I thought maybe transparent orange and red. But in the end went with the rear light decals.

Tip, cut either horizontal at centre or cut vertical at the fold, so indicator. This means you will apply the light and indicator in 2 parts leaving a perfect flat light as thy crease trying to do in one.

I must say though, the quality of decals are fantastic, the fit of the decal and window edges are fantastic and the complete package is fantastic.

Im almost there with the decals, but I still have a lot to do so hopefully you will see the finished body by this Friday...…..

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****

Last edited by xfactor; 25-05-2020 at 03:45 PM.