Thread: SX in action
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2008

Cessna Citation X....... easy. *edit* - I'm confused. Concorde roughly that age, and was retired just 2-4 years ago I assume now, but fastest civilian aircraft for the last 14 years is the Citation X (M 0.82, damn efficient too. I would love to get the aerofoil co-ordinates for that plane!). If you mean fastest commercial, I am guessing a 747 as that's only a few mph off the Citation X IIRC?????

As for Gaz_Stanton, what? Largest aircraft manufacturer in Europe by far is EADS, so I am assuming you are talking about the XWB. It's being designed in metric, as with all Airbus. What part of the aircraft are you talking about?

Of course sub systems for the aircraft which are sub contracted out (which there are an awful lot of) are designed to that companies standard. But Airbus design in metric using the Airbus system to define components, which is a mix between BS and ISO/DIN. I am really interested to know what was designed in imperial :S

I f'kin hate imperial. 98% of the worlds countries use Metric, why can't the states just wake up. Change sucks, I know, but it's soooooo much better. I also love the way the Americans refer to it as English units too.