View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011

Default warrior

Warrior?
Well not quite. You could say however that i have seen the light. After many years of abuse i now find that all the shit we eat is not good for you. We all know that. Its not hard to understand. I can say that most blokes are not going to go to weight watchers meetings just to be told whats good for you and whats bad. Things like weight watchers are there to feed on the insecurities of sorry to say "women" all adverts on weight loss are. The simple fact is cut out all the crap you know is not good and excersise. Nature will take care of the rest. How succsessfull you are is determind by how much you want it and your level of willpower.

Some tips

1.. Dont starve yourselve
2.. Keep a food log ( this helped me with the diabetes I could see what effect different types of food made to my blood sugar levels and in what amounts0
3.. Keep a weight log ( I only weigh once a week at the same time. Your weight varies so much from day to day and at different times of day. I do mine Sunday morning, that way you dont pig out saturday night)
4.. Set some realistic goals extreame loss is not good. I started with a hell of a lot of weight. 1 stone a month was possible. When you have only a few stone to loose set your targets more sensible possibly 4-6 months. The main aim is not to just loose weight but get fitter. The fitter you are the easyer everything is and the excersise is easyer. I now have a target of 18 stones in June this year I know my muscle mass is jumping up all the time so its gonna take longer.
5.. Dont always go by weight. A good indication is also Inches.. Measure regularly and you will see the inches drop. This is most times a better inducation than weight loss. As you muscle get bigger you weigh more so inches are the best indicator.
6.. Muscle weighs a lot. Many years I lost 4 stones then it suddenly slowed and stopped. I was hitting big weights at the gym no cardio. I lost faith and thought why bother. Now cardio is 90% of my workouts. Ill sort muscles out after.
7.. Just keep going .. Walking is the best to start with walk walk walk. 30 mins a day mp3 player on headphones in and not matter what the weather just do it.

GET OUT AND DO IT !!

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "