Thread: niche-bid ??
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012

Hi Bodgit, I am the site administrator and have been made aware of this thread. Most people have been extremely supportive of this to fill a potential gap in our market and I'm sorry to see that you don't have the same enthusiasm. I do, however, feel that I need to correct you on a couple of facts:
  • The site went live 2 and a half weeks ago, as the email this thread started about would have mentioned. The domain name was set up in November and the site took 4 months to build.
  • The auctions you can see are current auctions, there are 4 expired auctions currently showing under "latest auctions" which doesn't seem to be working, we are aware of this and are working to resolve it. This time last week there were 11 auctions. As with any business, you have to start slow and build up. Believe it or not eBay had only 11 auctions on there once!
  • If you look closely at the terms and conditions you will see that it clearly states that this is "directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use our sites". This is the same as other auction sites have because we don't collect the money, the buyer pays the seller directly. Our only responsibility financially to you is for the collection of our fees.
  • We do not have control over people's accounts, our control is over the listings. I'm sure you can appreciate that if you do not know what you are searching for on sites like eBay, there are lots of "toys" to search through before finding what you want. Our aim is to filter out those items at point of listing so that our potential buyers are just searching relevant items.
  • Cardnim - this is NOT another eBay. Please see paragraph above about how we moderate our listings.
I hope this clarifies matters, I appreciate this won't be for everybody but it would be nice to think that we modellers would support each other rather than trying to trip them up at the first hurdle.