Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015

Hey Chaps

Had a great time at Maritime last night... The car is such a better drive now, and think with the change in wires it will be a winner for handling at least! (Driver still has much to bring to the table!!)

So... I went to 50's front and 40's rear, which made a huge difference, for the first time felt both rear and front grip balanced and had what other car look like, a very slight four wheel drift. Very rewarding.

The lower rear pod arrived today and the front end conversion which again has mixed reviews; especially after speaking with a few at Maritime lay night. I will see how it goes, always keen to see what these hop ups have on the car.

Interestingly, there was some discussion about motors last night, I felt my car has plenty plenty of top end, especially against others down the straight but this is obviously partly due to being in the donuts heat (much respect to my fellow donuts) - I have the Dynamite 13.5T which from reviews is a very top end heavy car, but a the few people who had all the bells and whistles last night seemed to have not heard of it and instantly said I would be using it at my peril, quote " it's a good motor if you want to be slow down the straight" my question is, are the Thunder Power motors that far in from of the rest? I looked at the KV rating and it points to low torque which I assume would be a good factor to get the most out of the gearing to maximize the speed and acceleration...

That's about all my notes from last night, hoping this thread doesn't bore, but it's quite a journey which I am loving.

Want to thank all those at Maritime that gave up their views and advice.

Stu