Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015

Now, chaps... This is a very very interesting topic (body shells)
I started off with the preform, which I think is a very good looking shell, however; apart from wrecking two in short thrift, I thoghy mine looked very high as it sat on the chassis compared to many others...

I have just finisheda paint job on a Type F, I am not familiar with the Mac (feel free to explain) and it sits much lower on the chassis, and makes it so so much easier to fit properly compared to the Proform. No holes which makes lining, for me anyway, a difficulty!

I am really looking forward to seeing how differen, after reading the post about the chap who had great gains from the borrowed shell.

You have sold it to me, I will invest in a new 1s too and will see how that will improve matters too!!

I will post a pic of my new shell tomorrow; ooooh, I forgot to say. I had a tip at Maritime from a chap who recommended a plastic circle cutter to get the arches a little more trim than using scissors which will give a much better finish.

Great to see so many taking part and adding to this thread, us newbies love to hear these nuggets of info!!

Best wishes as ever
Stuart