View Single Post
Old 17-11-2005

Send a message via AIM to tony1034

Hi Paul, Jimmy,

Thanks for the welcome.

I currently run a Mugen MBX5 and MSR X5T. My son Michael has a Losi Matt Francis 2, but I'm thinking about picking him up one of these ZX-5's. On the Starting Grid conferences they've been talking about issues with the front hingepin brace breaking quite easily. I'm very close with Dale Mowery from Dace Manufacturing http://www.dacemfg.com and I'm sure he can machine a lightweight 7075 aluminum brace pretty easily if the car needs one.

I'm the owner of Tony's Screws and sell screw kits for most of the popular R/C's out here. Most of my current kits are Nitro, but I just started putting together kits for the electrics (including the ZX-5).

I used to race back in the mid 1980's and owned two Kyosho Optima's. That car was amazing back then even with the chain drive. Before that I had a Yokomo that you couldn't keep together for one day ...LOL I also used to race 1/12th 4-cell carpet. I think the car I had was a Delta (not sure if they even exist anymore). I got out of R/C when I got my driver's license (1987) and took a new interest in girls :wink: . But when I moved into my current home in 2001, my father came by with a box full of my old R/C's. It brought back memories & I headed for the closest hobby shop. I walked in and the first thing I saw was a T-Maxx and just HAD to have it...LOL Now I'm totally addicted to R/C (my wife hates it :roll: ).

Do you just collect vintage R/C, or do you run them? I still have the Optimas and the Delta. I actually ran one of the Optimas before getting the T-Maxx. I couldn't believe the thing still ran. Still had all the old electronics in it from 1985-86. Even my old Airtronics XL2P radio worked (Now I have two M8's with the DSM Spektrum system).

Best regards,

Tony P.