View Single Post
Old 29-10-2011
Mad Member

I've not used Acetone on these shells before, I'd test it on a bit of scrap first. I normally use lighter fluid, available from your local friendly tobacconists or art shops sell it in small white cans.

Also +1 to what big red has said, it looks like the mask is still on there, like it's delaminated itself when you've taken it off and it's removed layers 2 & 3 but not the first layer you applied ?

I've heat dried LM so many times and never had a problem, infact the only problem I had with it was when I put a solid 2k colour over it, that ****ed it up properly !

Out of interest what body shells is this happening on ? Is there anything common there ? Something different about there own structure that's causing this ? Clutching at straws now to be honest, without seeing it. Have the manufacturers started to put window masks in and now told us ???

If it is masking left there get some tape, masking ideally although might not be sticky enough, duct tape maybe ? Or even sellotape should help to lift it ??? Can you feel it if you run your finger over it ?

My paintwork thread