View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Having missed this thread earlier, having read through it I'm amazed at some of the replies and that running a 2wd converted 4wd is 'gay' sums up the level of maturity of some of the arguments for this knee jerk reaction. Okay, you don't want them, but no one who wants converted 4wds banned has come up with a proper definition of a 2wd that bans only them.

2wds should only be allowed that are sold as 2wd buggies and no modifications allowed, well that argument falls down as a blanket rule to ban everything not sold as a 2wd buggy ends up banning any separate mid motor conversion. It also means no one can build their own cars either. All Schumacher has to do is leave front transmission parts out of a K1 and stick a Cougar K1 sticker on the box and you have a new kit sold as a 2wd buggy, so you now have a converted K1 allowed while the DB1 is banned.

One chassis plate allowed, so they have to choose which chassis to use. Yep, that works. I'm sure it wouldn't take much time to design a piece of carbon fibre that would fit underneath a Cougar and Cat and act as the 'chassis', or whatever other two options you want to use.

Converted 4WDs being competitive in the 2WD class is something that has happened at one major race meeting so far, that does not suggest that the 2WD/4WDs will work at every other track. Off road racers usually make fun of the on road classes having strict rules, yet if something new and different comes along the on road classes embrace it if it works, while the off roaders seem to just want to moan about it being different.

You know the rules, if you want to change things put in a proposal at the AGM and get it voted on. If the majority agree with you then it gets passed. If no one proposed new rules we would still be using brushed motors and nimhs.
Regarding the Gay comment. did you see Neil Craggs Interview? he is the one that stated this first! and as a world champion and one of the biggest stars in RC if he says its gay then I believe him.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com