Thread: BJ4WE Slipper
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
Hmm, nice to hear if some one realy can tell, maybe even if the B44īs last pice of the shaft tht enters the gear oxes can be fitted in the BJ4WE..propably not, but would be nice to let this thougt away =)

Thomas, the outdrives will not fit, the gearbox of the NTC3 (BJ4WE) has the outdrive support bearing closer spaced.

However...

There are ways to make them fit, and of course all of the other parts as well if you really want to use the B44 slipper. I have a race coming up this weekend where I hope to put my little "B44 slipper in Bj4WE" to the test. I will have feedback on it next week.

Some of the main challenges with the project are these:

* The whole slipper assembly sits higher in the B44 (to allow larger spurs)
* The motor sits higher as well in the B44 (not a prob in it self except that you move up the C/G even further).
* Outdrives are longer (support bearings are wider spaced), and the gearboxes themselves are very different so it is not possible to bolt on B44 boxes either to allow the wider spacing of the bearings
* B44 and Bj4WE top decks, even though they look very similar around the slipper assembly, is not compatible, screw holes are offset
* Slipper assembly top holder blocks are then of course also very different even though they look very similar

If someone else is working on this, please share your solutions and ideas.

Regards,
Roy