Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Racer View Post
I can see his point, we race anyway in the heats, we don't really qualify so why not just have six races and not bother with finals.

The only down side I see is that you could be in a heat with worst drivers that could really compromise your day, unless a new heat list was printed at the end of each round, so by the end of the day the best drivers should be all racing together.
Maybe be put into heats in championship positions for the first round? Newcomers in order they booked in?
Don't give points per race but actual finishing positions overall, so you don't get points in your race but in 2wd or 4wd etc based on the final end of round listing.

It's all a lot of ,messing around for race control though printing a new heat list each round.
I agree, qualifying is racing.......ever had someone let you through because your the quicker truck........I very much doubt it, more like they'll try to block you and any pass even though you may be ahead by several seconds according to the clock. Half the time lapees make it hard enough to pass,this isn't just the sc nats it's from the ground up where discipline isn't enforced!.

So we dip qually and race, then heats are rearranged on your previous performance, how do you propose a driver climbs the ladder to get in the higher heats? , how do you account for breakage/ malfunctions/ being nerfed off the track?. You can't have a 'best of' in a knockout style pyramid, the only people that's likely to benefit are the top few drivers, although they won't really benefit as they'll still end up heading the field.

I must admit the idea of having a larger spaced grid is a good idea and would reduce the first corner melee, on the other hand a rolling start would be unpoliceable, it's hard enough for a ref to police a standing start never mind 10 moving cars.

I believe the present format gives everyone as good a chance to do as well as they possibly can, but, as has been mentioned previously do you want an easy going rule set or a strict, no contact format...........remember it works both ways