View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011

Hi,

Yes, I've looked up the cam part number, it's only about £11.50, but the rotor is over £30, plus I really need to send off the ESC and make SURE it is working properly.

The RC set is a 5ch Planet 5. I locked the sticks up for 2ch use. I have had lock out's in the hall before, twice with a new 3GR set when I raced 2 years ago. I'm going to get Paul to get me one of those 10 model Core RC sets (£80 ), by all accounts, they seem to have got them sorted out now.

Like you say, nobody else gets the lock problem, it's just me

I am more than used to this situation though. I've been flying RC 3D heli's for the last 8 years. It was a running joke that I always bought new and the most expensive top end stuff and built the models very well. But it was ALWAYS me that got problems that put my heli's in the floor costing about £130 a time !!!

I have had many many people come to me over the years and paid me to fit out and set up there heli's to perfection, and NON of them EVER had problems with my work. But when it's MY stuff, in MY heli and MY cash invested, they hit the floor two - three times a month costing me about £350 per month in repair bills. it gets very 'old' after a while !!!

So now I'm looking at another £130 odd bill, it comes as no real suprise. Again, I've bought top end stuff ( or stuff that is know to work ) that has let me down, same old same old.

I'll be off the track for a few months now, but I'll still be coming over so Alisha can race