Thread: Batley TC
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2006

Well I havent been to Batley for a while now(a year or so) but If I remember correctly and feel free to correct me if Im wrong, the track is very small and unchallenging, the carpet is in very poor condition and it wasnt organised very well at all either, Also some of the drivers there werent the most well mannered drivers and Im sure they put off any drivers coming for the first time. I dare say that these issues are probably what is letting your club down.

When I first started racing and came to batley it was run by Dianne, if anyone remembers and it was a very good and well run club with quite a few drivers turning up every meeting.

It is only my opinion on this, but I think if you want your club to start running successfully then you should start looking at the way you run your club and maybe introduce some organisation (regular meetings say every two week), Maybe try and gain some sort of sponsership for new carpet and some track And obviously the main thing start advertising to get more drivers to the club. Whether its by a interclub race or by a few of your best drivers visiting others clubs etc etc.