View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo
Default First post: Academy STR-4 Pro II - setup for slippery floor?

Hello all,

I've just started racing this year, and Oople was recommended to me by my club mate, 'jimlee'.

I thought I'd make myself known, and in the process revive a moribund sub-forum...

I acquired an Academy STR-4 Pro II touring car off eBay a few months back, and have been having a devil of a time getting it to handle on my local club's venue, a slippery wooden floor. The main problem is lack of rear-end grip around corners, with fishtailing and the occasional 180 degree spin. The fact I'm a throttle-happy (in the corners) newb doesn't help...

Car specs:
- Tyres are Schumacher yellow mini-pins,
- Shocks have stock oil and springs (I've been looking to get softer ones for the rear).
- I have the choice of one-way or ball-diff for the front,
- I have a selection of spur gears - gearing is currently quite conservative, with stock pinion and 80T spur gear.
- I've just acquired a ECSpeed ESC + 11.5T brushless motor; it has a lot of options for fine-tuning performance. I had been using a 3300kv no-name brushless (from a Nitrotek Lightning Strike buggy).

My main adjustments thus far have been adjusting shocks and camber, with varying degrees of success. I'm hoping some forum gurus can give me some more suggestions, perhaps specific to this car.

Thanks