View Single Post
Old 31-03-2011

i own this buggy, paid much less than that though, here are my thoughts...

i run nitro and used to race touring cars about 9 years ago when they were still brushed and running ni-cd! anyway i wanted to try an electric buggy for fun so i bought the above.

first thoughts out the box..... the radio gear is rubbish am 27mhz and looks real cheap but in the interest of afair trial i let it be for the first run... before i went out i balance charged the lipo's using a elysium lx60b balance charger, then i stripped the buggy and boiled all the plastic parts to prevent them from being so brittle (it really works) and threadlocked everything metal.

the range of radio, the range is suprisingly good i had it almost out of sight on an acre field and the safety never cut in once the controls are plasticy but functional and all seems ok.

the runtime, at light to moderate acceleration and speed i got around 25mins with the shutdown set at 3.2v per cell, punch 5 and timing 15 0, it is responsive and very torquey and its very controlled around corners and well balanced when jumping, its a tad skittish in a straight line but it could probably be tuned out of it.

top speed and runtime, when running hard i found this very reasonable for the price it is faster than my force 21 nitro 4x4 and the runtime was around 15mins before it shut off, bear in mind this was giving it a real pasting you couldnt run that fast around a track consistently, at the end the motor was hot but i wouldnt say any more so than some realy expensive cars i have played with.

build, the spoiler mount is a weak spot i broke it when bashing hard but thats the only part and a metal hop up is available, a cooling fan and heatsink is available for the motor and many other parts, the transmition side is very strong and is mostly all metal gears apart from the spur but even that has a metal hop up option (i did upgrade the servo saver to metal before bashing on advice of the shop keeper.

hope this will restore a little faith in the budget r/c

Mat