View Single Post
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
but thats making more work for people running it, how do you check for oil weight at track side, and doesn't matter if that was enforced, do you really believe that people wouldn't run them every chance they get to practice, remember KISS (keep It Simple Stupid) keep the things that matter to a limit. motor,battery c rating,tyres,i personally wouldn't want to race if i couldn't get the car working for ma boy,that std box setting might work for some drivers and not others,that in its self is unfair advantage.
If it's the same for everyone i don't see how anything is an unfair advantage at all - If someone's driving better then that's all there is to it??

I'm not saying you could exactly check every detail as there would have to be a large element of trust....

I just don't think the whole SC10 class would be anywhere near as good if you had people popping wheelies, leaving others chasing their tales all day for a set-up when there's a really easy way for all to just run the cars as they came and were designed to handle making it simple and fair for all - Racing is fantastic but it becomes a lot more serious and much more like normal buggy racing if everyone starts chasing set-ups etc.

That's all i'm thinking anyway