Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2014
Mad Member

Today was another race in the MAC Vlijmen Winter Championship. Today was a very interesting day with an extremely competitive field and very close racing...

...very close! I qualified as third, and this gave me a better spot than last time to take on the competition. I'll admit it was quite necessary considering the presence of Wesley van Helmond and a few more very quick drivers who joined for todays race.

The first heat saw a poor start from me, but a good comeback too, eventually ending one spot up in 2nd place. The second final I had a better start, but at the same time the battle for first place was between four drivers. With such a heated battle mistakes were inevitable: I fell back to that fourth spot, but with a mistake from Wesley I knew there might be a chance for everyone to snatch that elusive first spot (yes, his pace is that dominating) - and in the end I managed to grab that first spot. The third heat was less of a success, as I first fell back to fifth, before a broken CVD pin forced me to resign.

In the finals, Wesley got one win and a second place... so did I, and Tom van Drunen, the winner of last race, thus all three tying in points. The regulations stated the times be looked at. With the track becoming bumpier through the day, the result was that I didn't come in first. However, I did end up in front of Tom van Drunen, again scoring second place! I'm absolutely thrilled with the result... I still have to win my first A-final, but tying in points to the 2013 EFRA Euros Junior Champion sure feels like a win to me!

Also, I have picked the design work up again on the production car - it's small updates so far, but they pave the way for other updates

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 14-12-2014 at 10:15 PM.