View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
Peter may have a point here ! If there was no Jarrow then there would nowhere to race buggys that isn't a miles away. We need to premote the club more with things like the drift event that was cancelled !
Which was cancelled due to the same problem, lack of interest, we had 6 drivers left each day and needed 18. We also had no offer of help with the track etc which needed transporting and building on the Friday (this is not me having a dig at anyone as I understand everyone has their own committments but we can't do everything on our own) We were going to have to cover the costs from our own pocket for hiring a van, sort gazebos, generators (again costs), pay for me and the boys to get in to help etc etc which for half a dozen to put on an embarrassingly empty display wasn't worth me screwing my back up before I go on holiday lugging stuff about with Peter. I'd have gone to the costs and time it would have taken, as planned, if the support was there. Shame but the way things go when there is no support for it as I'd already gone to a lot of effort setting this up with meetings etc. Unfortunately I'd had to make a definate decision based on number entered before the indoor finals was cancelled, deadline to let them know was before then or it may have been possible if more had been interested.

(mrs) turbo_brick