Thread: Batley future
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Default Batley future

For those that have been aware about the council’s possible wish to move the club, Dianne has just emailed me with the following info

“I have heard from Jim Spencer, Head of Outdoor Leisure. They have no plans whatsoever to move us from where we are - the only time that would be considered is if they were going for a new build for the Pool and that is definitely not on the agenda for a number of years.

He has also said that if we need some assistance and put a brief together of what is needed he would put it to the committee to see whether they they were in a position to help as they want the area to look good. They may be able to help with security.”

Personally I think this is a good thing (at least we know), it means time and money spent recently on the track hasn’t been wasted and we can plan further works for the track knowing we will be racing on it for the foreseeable future.

I think a Batley members/interested parties meeting will be needed again soon to decide where to go from here and also to put together a formal list of requests to the council, obviously security is by far the most important. Firstly for the rostrum but also for the track if at all possible.

Dan

Nortech is ACE!