View Single Post
Old 22-04-2009

Unhappy Thanks - but ......

I too, have the similar Mac to Word conversion problems, and have tried your suggestions. I found that just saving the Pages document, with "word" placed at the end of the stream did not correct the problem. An error message was given. I suspect it is like calling an elephant a fish - it doesn't work until you get God's approval first. Not that Mac is godlike, but they must have a format where this conversion can happen, but they don't tell you so.
I also tried going into Print (which is a convoluted way of finding a supposed way to convert a Pages document - why not put this in Pages set-up. I find the Mac not very intuitive. Anyway...) I have tried the converting to pdf, and sending that as an attachment - it only works sometimes. Most times, the recipient still cannot open the document.
I have the Mac Leopard OS, so why aren't they out of the ice age? And, when I am typing, the program tries to anticipate what it thinks I want to say and it changes the word on me. I have gone into the "spelling" prompt and shut it off - doing so only works for the next word typed - it will not stay "off'.
I am starting to feel sorry for having gone the Mac route.
Your comments would be appreciated.
Jim