View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Personally, I feel the shops and the people who run the racing bodies have a massive conflict of interest. You dig just under the surface and there is always an agenda and the agenda is always money.

Tires are required. They are necessary or you dont race and it means manufacturers, shops etc have a monopoly and will ALWAYS say that their tire is the best, you need their tire to be fast. Its a massive, massive market.

Until there is a member voted control tire (where ALL members provide input and voted) then the system is always and will always be controlled by those with an agenda.

When they stop considering the money earning potential in this decision and who can make a quick buck, and consider ALL racers, then it wont change.

I feel the tires should be ”not for profit” and supplied by governing body only..
Have you ever run a shop? I can assure you making a quick buck is not easy and removing Tyre revenue would be a big nail in the coffin. Maybe you mean the middlemen/importers where most of the profit goes.
So are you saying if we all voted for schumacher darts schumacher would have to give them away for cost price so they were "not for profit" ?