View Single Post
Old 19-05-2008
Mad Member

Glad you all liked the track - there has been a lot of positive comments about it, and a few ideas for improvements of other areas, most noteably "the doubles" and "the bricks". All of the ideas are listened to and comments are taken on board - heck, we even change the track to accomodate the comments/ideas brought forward!

"The doubles" have been reprofiled a couple of times since they were first built to make them more friendly and now "work" in both directions. I have spoken to a few other members and the general concensus is that they are liked as they are, so they will more than likely stay as they are, although I understand the arguements to make them into a table top style for the less-experienced drivers, but on a club day we rarely run them as a double jump, so that problem goes away.

"The bricks" will be replaced with something, not sure what though, as that area of the track is a part that sees lots of acceleration whichever way we run the track, so it probably won't be grass; but we don't really want any more astro-turf either.

The tarmac and concrete sections are there to stay - the tarmac
section may well be re-surfaced (it's seen a LOT of use over the past 10 years or so) but it won't be replaced....

Who hasn't booked in for the Outdoor GP yet - it will be a busy day and as long as we have the weather you will have an excellent track to race on - so if you haven't booked in, you need to do so ASAP!

info@srcc.co.uk is the place to send your details.

Thanks and I hope to see you all at Southport again soon.

Chris