View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Hi Russ

I'm one of the founding members of 1066 Racing, we're based in Hastings, so not too far from you. Loads of the Faversham guys race with us too, so hopefully see you down here sometime. We have a club section on here, but I'm afraid it's rarely updated; the most up to date info is always on our Facebook page...search 1066 Racing.

During summer we only run occasional meetings on either grass or astro, but in winter we run fortnightly (maybe more this season) on a sunday night indoors on carpet. We use a HUGE sports hall, track is normally 27x17metres...great fun.

Re cars; I run an XB4 in 4WD, very strong indeed and exceptional on carpet. For 2WD I run an AE B6 which is due an upgrade soon to either a B6.1 or potentially a YZ2...so many good cars out there but as everyone has said try and use something popular for availability of spares and advice.

We have 2 guys who run small shops at our meetings; Richard Baker who goes to Faversham I think, and Chris Langley who is a Hastings lad. You'll find both easily on our FB page.

Hopefully get to meet this winter! Good luck, you'll love it, I came back 5 years ago and am fully hooked again. (though still average at best!)
Hi Andrew

Thanks buddy, well definitley check out 1066 Racing on Facebook and I'm close to securing a car so will pop down soon.

Currently I'm looking at a Schumacher CAT K2 that or possibly a B64 I was thinking about buying one of the latest new buggy's but have decided on a buying a 2nd hand one and run that for a while to get me back into the sport.

Last edited by warhead3000; 02-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.