View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018

To add to that a set of rears isn't unusable after 1 heat. They're perfectly good for practice/club racing. So saying that we need a new set every run doesn't necessarily mean that the cost over a longer period is higher. It means tyre management.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a more durable tyre used in racing, to reduce the cost that is indeed increasing. But it needs to be a control tyre used by all on that meeting series to ensure a level playing field.
If a faster tyre is also allowed then naturally people will use that if it matters to them...

At my local track the pinpoint works, but in z3 they're quite a bit slower than the yellow darts. Z4 seems to be very close in pace, lasts substantially better than the darts and even more importantly they are consistent over multiple runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post
Hi Stuart, Dan Osbourne mentioned the oOple Series for the upcoming Mendip Round and said he was looking at buying two sets of Darts.

I realise it does not include the Nationals however CML approached oOple to promote their tyres in our Series because other Series were not, so we took a chance and so far so good.

Maybe in future years the Nationals will look at Prolines instead of/as well as Schumachers?

My own opinion of the National Series is that to get consistency out of your car at such a high level you should run new tyres every run, that's why the top lads do it. Paul Worsley stated as much on his recent appearance on the State of RC Podcast.

The National Series should be for the very top performers and if you want to compete with them you have to accept the costs involved.

Regrettably with the power available in 2WD now you will always burn through soft compound tyres, the only way to stop that is a motor limit but then people will cheat when you impose that sort of limit.