View Single Post
Old 22-10-2018

Default Sad news for Swindon RCMCC

Quote from the club secretary:

Quote:
At the AGM today myself and Neil have stood down from the committee so we have vacant positions for Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.

As explained today if these positions are not taken up the club will have to be dissolved, with this in mind it was agreed by those present that we would hold a EGM in one months’ time (18th Nov) at the track to allow people that were not at the meeting to come forward to fill the committee positions, we can still have practice sessions but no race meetings until this situation is resolved

Please contact me if you feel able to fill one of these roles
This, coupled with the fact the council have served the club with an eviction notice due to land redevelopment means an uncertain future for the club. They are meant to be finding an alternative venue for us but hey are moving very slowly, we have until march before the eviction is due to happen.

Without this club there is a massive hole in the area left behind - all other clubs are at least 1.5 hours drive in any direction.

Please - if anyone feels up to the challenge of filling any of the positions then please get in touch with either myself on here, or post in the Swindon RCMCC Facebook group.