Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015

Well I've read it twice now and apart from a fair chunk of him slagging off the format we use now there's about 10% of an idea and a huge cliffhanger.
How can you get from doing 5 or 2 rounds to being put in an appropriate final? Via you fastest time of the day?, single best qualifying position etc? There'd be a lot of relying on luck in such a setup.

Think about the present system you need to do well in only 50% of the qualifiers to be assigned your appropriate final, something both you and I should be grateful for after A1a!. If it was 75% you'd have dropped down to at least the B and so would I with the 2wd

Say it was based on your best heat, you may do 4 q runs and get beaten by someone who does 1 q run, would you feel aggrieved?, I think so.

Now to the finals,you get a result based on your best 2 out of 3, so that allows you at least one bad run........you may break the car,get punted off etc etc.

Now take for instance the micro nationals, only the guys in the A get 3 legs best 2 to count,the mere mortals get one final.......anything goes tits it's game over

1/8 scale club racing.....3-4 q rounds and 1 x 18-25 min final, same as above anything goes tuts.......game over

There's a lot to be said for the present format mate!