View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019

I stopped racing in 1989 but was fairly competitive up until then, used to travel around to some of the national open meets but mostly raced at club level with the Chiltern model car club, started at the horse and jockey and eventually moved to poplars garden centre near junction 12 on the M1. Some of my best memories were from the model holidays that used to be hosted at Brean Sands and Primrose Valley though, really happy times!

Just been sorting through all our old Schumacher gear whilst clearing out my dad's loft, my grandad used to race too, we all ran 2wd and 4wd for a while but I ended up focussing on 2wd in the end with an original cougar. First buggy I had was a PB mini mustang but dabbled in 1/8 i.c. on road before that and still got an old alpha too.

Really pleased to have found this forum and see that there's a bit of interest in all the vintage stuff, I guess we're all getting to that age where we're getting a bit nostalgic! I remember wanting the fastest servos and motors back in the day but doubt my thumbs would keep up these days!