View Single Post
Old 20-12-2010

Furthermore, as a hypothetical, if someone came to you with a PLAN of an event and it all seemed so so good, would you give them an event? Come on John, we all know the answer to that.

obviously no you dont know the answer, remember RHR were given an event and they didn't have a track built!, we took the promises and the presentation and gave them a national.
silverstone applied for a national and said they were going to rip up the grass track and lay a new astro track, they were awarded a national on that promise and presentation.

firstly i wasn't aware that we can come and vote nor was there an announcement to when the meeting was nor anything else. Are you beginning to get the 'in with people comment

it is laid down in the constitution who can vote, you could attend if you wish but do not get a vote. if you wish to change the voting eligibility then propose it at the AGM. the regional reps are informed of the meeting date. the point was which club would not get a national, you have your opinion based on what you believed to be the case reference kidderminster, i pointed out you were not in possesion of the facts, which may have changed your mind. again the comment about being "in with people" suggests some underhand method of removing a club from the national series

I am not out to give anyone the chop John - The Criteria in my opinion is wrong - Promotion of the sport should be no 1 before anything else and if EPR and Southport are public venues then they should be no 1 on the list. Or infact if lets say we are in the middle of nowhere and the club organises TV or media of some sort then they should be first on the list. And if all the clubs do that then we move on to other factors, like rostrums, parking, facilities and the list goes on as you know BUT the National Championship should be used to PROMOTE our sport not for just amongst us.

i agree promotion of the sport is important, should it be the number one consideration when choosing a venue is a point for debate.

You see John this is what I meant and thank you for your clarification of this. Everyone has assumed that FIFA officials done something wrong?! Have they?! Proof?! Of course we all know it's how everyone feels about FIFA and their decission to not give us the World Cup but realistically this is the same scenario John.
On face value is what everyone is assuming happens and hense my comments.

the perception of wrongdoing is indeed the issue, does everyone assume the committee is bent? if so i can guarantee you wont have a committee by next week. to continually suggest we the committee are manipulating the venues to suit our personal agenda is wrong.

and to make the point even more - who is PRO for the 1/10th section - the way I understand it there isn't one - see what I mean about promotion and John, currently 64 % of the vote says the racers should at least have an input in the voting.

the PRO issue is ongoing and as such i will not comment as for the poll if you want to have a say propose it at the AGM and you will have one. you assume that if more people vote that the outcome would be different. as i have said all the clubs who applied this year were valid contenders and one would be disappointed.