View Single Post
Old 20-12-2010

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Clubs to apply for a National, and must be accepted as long as they fulfil the criteria for holding a national.

Committee to set the dates for the Nationals.

Drivers who attended ALL the nationals to vote on venue's.

Clubs must then accept the dates offered.
As an answer to the original question. This would seem the best solution to me also.
The only problem being that some drivers might then not want to attend nationals having previously expressing an interest (because of the venues). Which puts you in a chicken and the egg situation.. But I guess you can't avoid this and or other possibilities.

So.
Drivers Enter
Tracks & dates Chosen by 1/10th Off Road commitee to comply with H&S.
Tracks voted on by drivers (Anonymously)
Votes published
Tracks get pulled out of the hat for round order.

Or have an opinion poll as we have had before.
Drivers who did 4 or more rounds of the series voted on the tracks raced on that year... i.e. would they like to race there again. Yes or No and maybe an order of preference.

Ok, the last idea involves some work for the PRO, but surely if it's for the good of our sport...

And to throw a spanner in the works. If we are really concerned about promoting the sport to the 'Outside' world. What about having a 'Neutral' venue at a car show or something like....?

I was suprised by the venues, I did expect something different to what we got, but when all the dust settles, we all see each other at the first round of the series.