View Single Post
Old 20-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post

To the committe, to the Kiddy members and to you John, I publicly apologise if you feel I have offended you.
Don't worry Tony, you haven't offended me as a Kidderminster member, most other members are rational people so won't be offended either.

In defence of the club, which I feel I have to speak up about, it is understood what is required. Tony & Paul have been in the game for a long time and know what is needed, hey they are infact their own biggest critics most of the time!

Before Kidderminster applied a mail shot was sent out to all those who might be able to help them with the meeting, before during or indeed after the event.
The response seemed very good and it was decided to move forward with the application.

To give you an indication of how strongly people in the club / region feel about Kidderminster as a venue several of those who have pledged to help are going to do so even though it is quite hard for them. A couple of guys are coming from some considerable distance away to help prep the venue. Some others, myself included, are giving time / assistance at great personal expense and or compromised their own seasons racing. It's going to cost me about £500 from my own empty pocket to support the club that weekend in costs and lost earnings, also having seen the calander I it now means that I can not race the nationals myself this year if I am to support Kidderminster in running their event (can't really race it and help and would leave me only 3 dates I could do).

So why do we do it? Simple, it's a great place to race. Still my favourite (current) venue in the country (although I've not been to RHR so can not comment about that either way).
It is also VERY important to our region, without it I fear for the West Mids as a whole.

Kidderminster is often 2 dates on our regional series calander (20% of all meetings)
It's 50% of our off season race events
It's the only club that I know of where you can just turn up and gain access to the track for practice (if your a member of course) so it where a lot of the testing goes on.

So it doesn't hold Sunday "club" meetings, so what ... who in the West Mids region has any spare weekends to go to "club" if they wanted to?!?!?

It DOES host more than a third off ALL 1/10th offroad outdoor events and is the only true multisurface track in our region so it is very very VERY important to us. So much so we are more than happy to make sure it survives by presenting it to hold the national series in the hope that more folks see what a fantastic venue it is and come and support it for the other meetings.

Back to the poll and how did I vote? Well I haven't yet but I will be going for the "members/ racers" option.

Why?

Becuase I think we should get to race where we have the most fun!

How would that work?

In this day and age the internet is your tool. You set up a poll on the BRCA site and email all the members of the 1/10th off road section to tell them it is there.
They vote and at the SAME TIME commit their interest into doing the national series. by commit I mean pay a deposit. Those that pay up get their vote weigthed at say 3 times those that don't pay up.
You would select the venues from the list that you wanted to attend, one vote for each round EOS finals.

This would need to before the AGM though so the submission date for venues would have to go forward a little.

Now the tricky bit .....

As has already been said the commitee will have the info about what dates each venue can / can not do and any other relevant information needed to form the calander.

Those venues that scored the highest get 1st selection, next 2nd until all are events have a host that can hold it. Now sometimes it might be that a club that has lots of votes can't do any of the remaining dates and the commitee would have to skip to the next one ... nothing can be done about that ... if they had more votes they would have had first dibs and got their date, they didn't .... better luck next time.

The details in terms of votes and reason why any club got skipped (no available date etc.) could then be published on the BRCA site for all of us to see.
That way the clubs, racers and everybody connected to the sport could see what the preferences were.

I am sure there are many many variations on that theme that could be considered and also that I am nowhere near the best person to sort that out.

I put my faith in Charlie, Stuart, John and the rest of the team to do the best they can for us so lets give them all the info they need. I certainyl wouldn't be able to commit the sort of time and energy that is required to getting us all racing!

Fire blanket at the ready and awaiting the falmes to come my way