View Single Post
Old 20-07-2011

Theres nothing on International Drive, The best model shop is Superior Hobbies, based in Casselbury about 30 mins drive away north of winter garden. It is the best model shop in the central orlando area for cars and racing. They have a club who race touring cars once a month on sundays at the parking lot outside the shop. Check their website for dates, www.superiorhobbies.com they also have offroad electric and nitro, with some really good offroad tracks.

Another good model shop is central florida hobbies located closer, maybe 10 minutes away by car on Colonial Drive, google search central florida hobbies for their site. Again they have a good amount of car stuff, but are more focused on planes and helis.

I would choose superior, if you can only go to one. I'm going back to florida in september, I stay on Int Drive and go every other year. I don't drive, but take the bus to superior, it is more of a trek, 2 buses taking a couple of hours, but it is well worth the visit. You can get the lynx local buses, from I-Drive, take the bus to International Airport, then change to the state road 436 bus, and it will drop you right at superior's door. Each bus will take abouta hour, so you are looking at 2 - 2.5 hours travel from I-Drive. If you have transport, then you'll get there in less than 30 mins.

Hope this helps.

Raymond