View Single Post
Old 18-05-2011

Default Looking for active and 'busy' clubs

Hi all!
I am getting back into racing after a 20 year break and am looking for some good clubs to race at in Nottingham.
I intend on getting a 1/10th 2wd electric (possibly a Losi 22) and enjoy racing for competition at a club level. Used to race a Bury all those years ago and had 2-4wd finals from A-D every Sunday. I realize that clubs are not that busy any more so would like to find something that has more than just 1 or 2 heats that race 3 times before a final (if thats still possible!) and meet more than once a month.
I have been looking at the places that run the Nationals in the area and am also looking at anything 50 mins away in a car in Derby or Lincoln. I have seen some very professional looking tracks and some that seem to be run on half a playground! I prefer custom tracks really as they are much more fun to race on and with the summer arriving, outdoor season is upon us!
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. My search of Google is now bringing up the same places and I also seem to remember finding a club that has just built a custom outdoor track not too far away but for the life of me I can't remember its name!
Cheers for any help!