View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Neil, no, I meant that 472 works with the x, because I'm pretty confident that it does! I have a car sat here with a 472 in it, and its owner uses a x radio! I could dig my old X out and bind it up just to confirm, but I really can't be bothered.

The 4x2 receivers allow setting of the Sanwa esc' from the radio. Although that feature is z specific, so no benefit (other than size vs 451) with an X radio.

The 471 is FHSS4, it says so on the link you helpfully put up
The sanwa info says the 472 wont work with the X. The X is FHSS-3 not FHSS-4. If it binds and works great, but sanwa do not say it will. I've not bound one, so can't say either way.

The 4x2 receivers have telemetry, so data sent in two ways, not just from Tx to Rx. This send back useful data like BEC voltage, and with the sanwa speedo allows settings changes, which is a nice function. Technically in 1/10th OR, telemetry is not allowed, or wasn't last time I read the rules. Never seen it policed though, as lots use the Z.

The 471/481 are FHSS-3/4 with no telemetry. They binds as FHSS-3 on the X and FHSS-4 on the Z. I was talking about the (X vs Z) transmitter protocol, not the receivers, which clearly do both :-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------