View Single Post
Old 15-09-2010
Mad Member

Well it's all over for the year, and my first year of nationals.

I have to say BIG thanks to all the guys who help out running the events at all the clubs. I help to run the Caldicot club myself and we host the micro nationals, so have small insight into what is involved...not as big as 1/10th nats as it's a single day indoor event...but there's a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to make the racing as much fun and as well organised as it is, so again THANKS GUYS

I've only been doing rc racing for a couple of years, and only really indoors before this year...so for me it's been a steep learning curve doing the nationals and regionals...changing surfaces, grip levels, lumps, bumps, setup changes, weather, hangovers and toffoc!

All in all, massively enjoyed it...some great days racing, some not so good, but it's never spoilt the enjoyment...your going to get those not so good days I guess, but the whole atmosphere and weekend away camping means the racing isn't the only thing you get out of the weekend.

The driving standard has been amazing to watch and take part in, some slightly 'brutal' moments fighting it out in the lower heats...especially in the finals...but the referreeing has been great...really good to hear about who's lapping who and when. The structure to the days is amazing...once you get into the rhythm of it all it's staggering to see how much racing can be fitted into a day, top job the BRCA

Thanks to Jonesy in particular, who's commentated on my heats pretty much the whole time...and pronounced my name correctly, first time, everytime...now that's what I call quality!!! Top job

My only comment about the way it's been run so far is the tannoy systems...the pit areas are massive, and the number of generators is frankly unbelieveble...I thought it was going to relatively quiet doing electric class racing...how wrong could I be with gene's, tv's, computers, fridges, etc, etc...maybe the venues could consider running extra PA out around the pitting areas so that we can all hear the annoucements and whats going throughout the day? That'd be ace!

Anyway, I was only planning to do it for this year to see what it's all about...but the bug has well and truely bitten...not sure what the missus will say, but roll on next year!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs