Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
hey guys, i just noticed something i didnt notice before, looks like the ZX-5 suspension on the mid or lazer will not work so well, why? Cause the rear track width is less than the front! on the zx-5, the rear hingepins are designed 4mm further apart, so the rear hubs dont have offset. Placed on the mid or lazer, they will cause the rears to be narrower. i may have a workaround for this though, the kyosho tf-5 touring car rear hubs has a liuttle frther bearing spacing as well as ofsset the bearings more outwards. With the TF-5 rear hubs, i beleive the rear and front will be the same width, but you probably will have to use tamiya CVDs though. will keep you guys updated.
i just went trough my stash of stuff and i finally found my lazer ZX's front arms and c hubs, but i couldnt find the rear arms and hubs. anyone got any to sell? i also found my lazers ball diff pulleys front and rear and one FRP bateery hold down bar.
Sorry but I am confused. Do you mean the rear hubs on the Lazer ZX-5 as they will fit the ZXR as I use them. Basically they are identical to the 2wd Ultima RB type R and they fit too. The rear track width is narrower and it actually makes the car better. The wider the rear end the worse the car goes around corners. Also widen the front with the extra hole on the front castor blocks and longer Ujs as with that and the fractionally narrower rear the cars superb.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS