Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011
LeeOtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimblum View Post
Lee,

First of all. Thanks for offering to help us with our setups and general questions.. I don't know of any other sponsored racers who do this on open forums.. Your help is very appreciated.

I've been racing Tamiya for several years now. I currently run a 501X and my friend runs a 511X. We have been having trouble with the front arms breaking too often. It mostly happens on off-road tracks with extreme jumps, but has also happened on smoother indoor clay tracks..

I tried to work around the problem by using stiffer springs in the front and slightly heavier oil.. It helped a little, but I know this is not the best way to go..

What do you do to help your car survive extreme jumps without damaging the front arms?

To note: I have tried DB-01 arms, stock 501X arms, and the more recent lower profile racing arms. The lower profile arms break the easiest. Unfortunately the thicker DB-01 and 501X arms still break too - but they sure do take more of a beating before they do..

Thanks.
Hi,

If your breaking the 501X HD arms then im unsure how you could find anything stronger... maybe after each run just check for cracks in the arms, as they could be cracking without you realizing then breaking on the next run.

apart from this, there is not much you can do? continue to run the 501X HD arms and try not to get the big jump wrong and land on one side of the car, try to land flat and level.

lee