View Single Post
Old 16-07-2011

I think we need to make sure the street class is much slower than the normal touring cars and with that in mind, having watched the Touring Cars as they currently are for the last couple of weeks, I believe that even these are far too fast for our track now.

The technology has moved on quite far in the past year or so and I think we might even want to consider banning turbo boost for the normal class and maybe evening restricting that to 17.5 to allow for a much closer and manageable level of racing for our track.

The more I think about it, the more I think we need to take a couple of steps back and look at Touring Cars as a whole...

Keith Gammons last night ripped the back end off his car! We are now seeing higher speeds and bigger damage to the Touring Cars. Therefore I feel that the speeds for the entry level class, be that F2 or Street or what ever we decide upon should be much slower than what we were first thinking about - hence my comment about Andy's TC running a tin can last night which I felt was close to the sweet spot in terms of the speeds I personally felt we were aiming for.

More food for thought...