Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2017

I think it’s importnat to stress that Mark C is a Schumacher sponsored driver and is a little bias when it comes to all things Schumacher; that being said control tyres have positives and negatives. A case in point;
I ran TC this year for the first time, used Sorex which is brutally poor and was introduced because all the Schumacher guys voted for it at the AGM, that very reason is why I sold all my TC kit months after I raced a couple of Nationals, so control tyres don’t always work in my experience.

GT12 being sold as a feeder class is still a myth to me; feeder to what exactly? 12th Scale, 5th Scale, TC? GT12 is a close racing, low maintenance class that attracts people with small time scales, smallish budgets and a way to relive their youth, enjoy a crack with pals and get out the house for an evening or morning.

For that reason, if the class gets so popular it expands and goes beyond its original design, like so many popular items/sports/remits why put an anchor on it when people clearly like it the way it was/is

The Schumacher GP is an annual event and one that filled out because it’s Christmas and people know prizes are big because of the Schumacher link and so many Schumacher drivers. The Nationals are months away and many people are busy doing other stuff so let’s not be fooled by the control tyre ruling why the entry filled up so quickly.

I’m passionate about GT12 and on the back of the Worlds in Milton Keynes to reduce the GT12 Nationals to three weekends was the most backward step I’ve seen in a while by a governing body. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” a fabulous motto and in his circumstance GT12 wasn’t broken. We reduced the Nationals and now a push to change to a control tyre would be absurd. Be careful folks of what you wish for. Save a pound here or there, if it’s really that tight at home, then maybe you shouldn’t be racing RC at all, because any form of competition in any hobby “don’t come cheap”... Peace. x