View Single Post
Old 19-11-2007
Mad Member

Here's the latest on the 4-gear. We're down to one supplier now. The gear boxes and bulkheads are in hand from the California molding shop. All Upgrade Kits and the new X - 6 Conversion Kit will come with the extra idler, two bearings, and a shaft, all of which are in hand. I just talked with the motor plate supplier who says I can pick up the plates in the morning.

That leaves the company, a new supplier for us, that will cut out the towers and modify the chassies. We started by making towers of 3MM CF and they cut that just fine. But testing showed 3MM to be a bit weak so we sent the 3MM material back and got 4MM CF which we've had since last week.

The shop is having trouble cutting the thicker stuff and making it look good, and we'll meet with them tomorrow afternoon. They will try using a different machine and cutter. Hope this does not change their price...

Paul and I started re-writing the instruction manual. Bag D is done and we'll work on E tomorrow. Then Bag F and it's off to the printers. After that it's a matter of putting everything in bags and making it look pretty so you'll buy it!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC